Monday, February 16, 2009

An honest challenge for all my Christian friends...

I read the Bible. Daily. Read it front to back numerous times.

I've seen the televangelists and mega-ministers. Robertson, Hickey, Hagee, Parsley, Falwell, Graham, Osteen, Swaggert, Bakker, Dodd, Haggard, Hinn, Bynum, Jakes, van Impe, Schuller, Meyer, Roberts, Copeland, Crouches, Whites, Dollar, Long, Thomas, Popoff, Tilton, Warren.

I'm versed in all of the philosophical arguments for the existence of god (Cosmological, Teleological, Ontological, Moral, Transcendental).

I'm familiar with Pascal's Wager, Lewis' Christian Trilemma, Kierkegaard's Leap of Faith, Ray Comfort's "Atheist Nightmare" banana.

I know the apologists. From Augustine and Aquinas to Justin, Irenaeus, Tertullian. C.S. Lewis and Geisler to presuppositionalists like van Til and Bahnsen. McDowell and Strobel.

I live in a society that is fully and completely awash with Christian dogma and theology. But I also live in a society where the alternatives are sequestered and silenced.

So, I ask, honestly, have you EVER investigated an alternative position? Seriously?

You would attempt to get a second opinion from a medical professional, contractor, auto mechanic...but on the one thing you base your entire life on, you shun dissent in any form.

So, I ask that you simply take a little time, a whole lot of honesty, and watch/read these two sites. Even one.

God is Imaginary (chock full o' simple text and more simple videos)


Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

Can you do it? I know you won't, but you're the one who is left having to answer why you won't. My children are just the ones who have to grow up in the world you help make.

No comments: